Body Solid Bench Fully Reviewed – Garage Gym Builder
updated January 1, 2019
Body Solid and Best Fitness target the same group of value-oriented, serious weight lifters with their latest folding benches. They inhabit the same cost universe, exhibit the same design ethos, come ready to work and are the product of companies with long-standing reputations for quality and craftsmanship. So why should you purchase one over the other? That’s a good question and one we’ll try to get a handle on with this comparison of the two benches.
Body Solid Adjustable Weight Bench Review:
The Top Two
The 225 shares a lot of similarities with the Powerline 125X. It shares that bench's outstanding engineering pedigree and is every bit as easy to setup and comfortable to workout on. It even shares the same footprint. Where it achieves separation from the 125X is in the slightly more stout framing, wider grip and slightly more comfortable saddle.
This is a serious bench that can easily be slid under a rack system and used for heavy duty barbell work as well.
Key features include:
- 2” thick DuraFirm upholstery
- Adjustable to 7 starting positions
- 2”x 3” high strength steel frame
- Lifetime warranty on framing and parts
The Best Fitness BFFID10 is another value-oriented piece of workout equipment that will help turn your home gym into the only gym you’ll ever need. While it’s missing the ab component of many of its contemporaries it excels in other areas such as stability, convenience and the greater than normal number of starting positions. It’s also easily tricked out with features like the preacher curl accessory.
Key features include:
- Fully FID adjustable to 12 positions
- Arrives fully assembled and ready to go
- Powder coat finish resists everyday scratching and wear and tear
- Convenient safety pin system allows for quick secure adjustments
Body Solid GFID225 Review vs. Best Fitness BFFID10 Bench Review: Side by Side
- Best Value - While the 12 starting positions and ability to easily accessorize are certainly strong selling points of the Best Fitness bench the outstanding structural quality, standard issue leg holders for abdominal workouts, lifetime warranty and only slightly higher price point of the Body Solid GFID225 make it a superior long term value proposition. Winner: Body Solid GFID225
- Build Quality - This is one category where there is a clear winner. Not because one bench is poorly built but because the other bench is just solid as the Rock of Gibraltar. We’re talking about the Body Solid GFID225. If there is an FID bench out there with a more substantial feel to it that weighs the same or less than this benches’ trim 54 lbs, we’d like to see it. Winner: Body Solid GFID225
- Performance - Here again it’s not a matter of one bench performing “better” than the other. It’s just a matter of one bench giving you more things to perform right out of the box. With the Best Fitness bench you’ll need to tack on a few accessories to really take advantage of the bench. With the Body Solid bench and it’s built in foot restraints you have more options right out of the box and don’t have to pay extra to get them. Winner: Body Solid GFID225
Our Choice for Best Body Solid Adjustable Weight Bench
The GFID225 is a great weightlifting bench at a great price. While it’s a wee bit more than the Best Fitness FID Bench the extra cost isn’t enough to be prevent most folks from making the financial stretch.
And while we’re talking about it did we mention that the GFID225 has a load capacity of half a ton? That’s right; 1000 lbs. Which means there isn’t a lifter on planet earth who, in theory, would need more bench than the remarkable GFID225 Body Solid Adjustable Weight Bench.
If you’re not in need of the kind of extreme performance features outlined in this Body Solid GFID225 review or if you’re on a strict, limited budget keep in mind that you really can’t go wrong with the Best Fitness BFFID10 weight bench. It’s a solid, reliable, durable piece of kit that will provide you years of excellent service. To learn more about our winner, the Body Solid GFID225 check out this short informational video. For more on the Best Fitness BFFID, click here.
My name is Jim Roose. I'm a former competitive power lifter and gym owner. I've bought millions of dollars of fitness equipment over the last 20 years. This site is my way of giving back to the fitness community that's done so much for me. Every article on here is carefully researched and written by me. Leave a comment if you have any questions.