Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar Review 2018
updated June 6, 2018
My basement gym was almost complete. I had the racks, the bars, the benches and the mirrors all set up and ready to go. Knowing that the king of upper body exercises required a sturdy apparatus to work from, though, I’d been wavering about choosing a pull up bar.
With my dedicated workout space, I wanted something more permanent and durable than what a doorway pull up bar would offer me. I’d set my sights on a wall mounted bar. The reason I didn’t consider a ceiling mounted pull up bar is simple that by basement gym has low ceilings that just wouldn’t make a ceiling bar viable. So, I’d marked off the area of the gym wall that would house the unit. Still, I hadn’t found the wall mounted pull up bar that I felt could do justice to my hardcore workout environment. That was until I can across the Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar. Come with me and discover why I chose it over the competition.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
- Maximum Load Capacity - look for a 400 pound max load (the maximum load of a wall mounted pull up bar will be greater than that of a doorway pull up bar). This will allow you have total faith that your wall mounted pull up bar can easily handle your weight in addition to any extra plates that you choose to strap around your waist when your strength levels increase.
- Extension from Wall - you need a minimum of 14 inches wall clearance. This will allow you to move up and down without restriction.
- Installation Kit - this should be included, along with fixing bolts. Ideally the unit should come with bolts to allow you to fix the bar to both timber studs and concrete.
- Non slip grips that are thick enough that they won’t rip and that accommodate all of the grip positions on the bar.
- Range of gripping positions, including neutral grip and an extra wide grip.
- Provision for extra exercises, including dips.
- Adjustability - an adjustable pull up bar will allow you to work with a range of wall stud distances.
Presenting the Iron Gym
The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar features sturdy 30mm diameter tubing and a unique ergonomic design. With reinforced beams and three position grips, this unit will give you a solid workout every time, while the ergonomic design of the bar will alleviate pressure on the wrists. The Ultimate Body Bar is designed to bolt directly into a standard 16 inch separated pair of studs. The grips come out a full 20 inches from the wall, enabling you full freedom of movement to perform upper back as well as core exercises.
The Ultimate Body Press provides a core anchor point from which to extend your workout options with such Ultimate Body Press accessories as push up rings, ab straps and gymnastic rings.
You should have no problem installing the Ultimate Body Press Joist Mounted Pull Up Bar. The instructions that accompany the unit are pretty comprehensive, though they needed a more awake proof reader. You might like to check out this handy installation video to guide you . . .
The Ultimate Body Press bar can handle up to 350 pounds of weight, allowing you to train with extra resistance when you get stronger.
- Bar extends a full 20 inches from the wall
- Easy to install
- Very durable
- 350 pounds maximum load capacity
- Extremely sturdy when mounted
- Quality foam grips
- Factory packaging may cause indentations on the foam grips
- Instruction guide is full of typos
Features and Benefits
- Solid steel tubing construction to ensure maximum load capacity of up to 350 pounds. This allows you to add extra weight via a weight strap when you are stronger to exceed lifting your body weight.
- Angled ergonomic grips to allow you to target hard to get muscle of the upper back while alleviating the pressure on your wrists.
- Variety of gripping options to allow you to hit the back from a range of angles.
- Padded foam grips with extra knurled grips underneath to allow you to maintain a strong grip despite sweat and friction.
- Gun metal gray powder finish which is of higher quality than many competing products to give a stylish finish.
- Provides mounting hardware and all bolts for both wooden stud and concrete options.
With a total length of 50 inches and a parallel bar cross hatch for multiple gripping options, the Valor bar sets itself apart as a heavy duty piece of training equipment for the serious lifter. Clearance off the wall is a massive 30 inches, providing ample room non-restricted body movement. This bar is rated to a whopping 600 pounds. Finished in a stylish black powder coating this pull up is built like a tank and comes with a 5 year warranty.
The Titan bar is a heavy duty model that is ideal for basement gym use. It features a triangular support structure to give extra strength and stability to the unit. The Titan Pull Up Bar has an impressive 500 pound capacity. The pull up bar itself is a straight bar, meaning that you won’t be able to do neutral grip work unless you hook a “v” handle over the bar.
The Titan Bar can be mounted on wooden studs at custom widths of 16”, 32” and 52”.
A special mounting bar is provided for mounting to a concrete wall.
The Rogue Fitness Pull Up Bar Wall Hung System is a heavy duty bar designed for CrossFit enthusiasts as well as regular fitness buffs. It features triangle support beams and bolts in solidly to provide you with an extremely secure anchor to perform your bodyweight upper body work. The actual pull up / chin up bar is a basic straight design, so there is no provision for neutral or other fancy grips here. The bar extends out generously to allow plenty of room for kipping moves and core exercises that require hip rotation. Rogue use 11 gauge steel, which is the same as on their full scale rigs and racks so you know that this bar will do the business.
The Rogue Fitness Pull Up Bar Wall Hung System is available from Rogue Fitness.
The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar offers a solid, reliable and extremely sturdy wall mounted pull up option. The angled ergonomic grips and range of grip options provide flexibility and comfort. It gives a decent wall clearance and allows for extra movements such as dips and accessory moves with gymnastic rings. The price point is competitive, making the Ultimate Body Press joist mounted bar a smart choice when you’re after a reliable wall mounted pull up bar.