Life Fitness Multi Adjustable Bench Review 2019
updated January 1, 2019
When it comes to design the Multi Adjustable Bench from Life Fitness is the Ferrari of workout benches. Sleek, subtle curves accent the kinetic profile that somehow just seems to make sense and beckons you to have a seat and get to work. The visual appeal of this bench is so strong it makes one wonder if the bench can live up, performance-wise.
Below we’ll take a close look at the Multi Adjustable Bench and find out what works and what, if anything, doesn’t.
Life Fitness Multi Adjustable Bench Review
The Life Fitness Adjustable Bench is the culmination of some 20 years of industry experience for Life Fitness, a company that has made it their mission to fuse aesthetics with functionality. Here’s a look at some of the key things to consider when determining if the Multi Adjustable bench is right for you.
- Versatility - The company’s single pin adjustment mechanism lets you simultaneously adjust both the seating platform and the back rest to any of seven different positions. The bench lends itself to all manner of lifting routine and when coupled to the Life Fitness Power Rack, Squat Rack or Power Cage can easily negate your need for an expensive fitness club membership.
- Build Quality - Much has been made of the high end design cues of the Life Fitness Adjustable Bench but enough is probably not said about the way all those design elements dovetail seamlessly with engineering concerns to produce a bench that feels incredibly solid. The 11 gauge rounded steel tubing is powder coated to resist scratches and no detail has been overlooked even in the most mundane areas like the non-absorbent, thermo rubber hand grips.
- Appearance - As we stated earlier the Multi Adjustable bench is a pleasure to behold. Yet its confident, alluring and yes, sexy lines still manage to evoke effortless function. Granted you don’t have an array of color choices but in this case it doesn’t matter. The design focus here is all about lines, forms and their relationship to one another.
- Performance - The Life Fitness Adjustable Bench lends itself to regular use. It’s ultra low profile and its ability to easily integrate with the company’s lifting racks and cages means you’re not likely to find yourself unable to perform any particular routine.
- Setup - The Multi adjustable bench sets up fairly easy. Directions are comprehensive and clear and everything fits together logically and intuitively; as you might expect from a bench that undergoes such intense design and engineering focus.
The high quality construction also promises longevity and while I have not owned my pair of Adidas Adipower weightlifting shoes long enough to know for sure yet, I would be very surprised if they don’t turn out to be one of the most durable pairs that I have owned.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Molded foam cushions contoured for max comfort
- Rubber feet provide stable footprint under all conditions
- Discreet handle/wheel system for ease of mobility
- 10 year limited warranty
Some Final Thoughts About Life Fitness Multi Adjustable Bench
At $895 the Life Fitness Multi Adjustable Bench is not the least expensive bench on the market but that price doesn’t seem out of line either when you spend a few minutes in the presence of this design marvel. Part of what you’re paying for is the looks, no doubt, but the Life Fitness Adjustable Bench goes way beyond mere looks and may wind up being the only workout bench you’ll ever need.
Get a good idea of just how attractive and functional this bench is by checking out this video.
It’s rare indeed to find a piece of mechanical equipment that seamlessly fuses engineering considerations with aesthetics but this bench is one of those products. The uncompromising craftsmanship evident throughout the Life Fitness Multi Adjustable Bench makes it a joy to use.
The bottom line is that you can concentrate on the job at hand and not have to worry if your bench will be able to follow you into the world of new personal bests.
If you are looking for some more weight benches for serious lifters, it is recommended to check out the Hammer Strength Adjustable Bench and Powertec weight benches. They are also featured in this guide for top weight benches in the market today.
My name is Jim Roose. I'm a former competitive power lifter and gym owner. I've bought millions of dollars of fitness equipment over the last 20 years. This site is my way of giving back to the fitness community that's done so much for me. Every article on here is carefully researched and written by me. Leave a comment if you have any questions.