Powerblock Weight Bench Reviews 2017
Best known within the lifting community for their innovative adjustable dumbbells, PowerBlock also offers their own take on the sports bench that’s both compact and impressive. When we say it’s compact, we mean compact. So much so that a first glance may have you wondering where the rest of it is. After using it a few times and acclimating to it though, you’ll probably start wondering why other benches are so overbuilt.
PowerBlock Sport Bench - Key Features
For such a compact piece of equipment the PowerBlock Bench is not lacking in the feature department. That fact, combined with the bench’s quality construction and portability make it a piece of kit worth talking about. So let’s get on with this PowerBlock bench review.
- Adjustability - The back pad of the bench can be adjusted to 5 different positions and the seat can be adjusted to flat or angled as well. Because the gap between the seat and back pad is minimal there’s virtually no feeling of hanging out into open air that can be distracting.
- Options - The PowerBlock bench can accommodate a dip attachment if you wish, although that attachment will cost you an extra 60 bucks. Personally it seems like money well spent since the dip attachment is so easy to use and adds an important extra dimension to your workouts.
- Build Quality - The bench is made of durable 14-gauge steel tubing that gives a very solid feel. The seat and backrest padding is comfortable yet firm and made from self-skimmed foam for extra durability. The bench has conveniently placed wheels and handle for portability and the whole thing weighs only 57 pounds.
- Assembly - The PowerBlock adjustable bench comes almost fully assembled and ready to go (a major plus over other benches) and there are virtually no removable parts (save the dip attachment mentioned above) which only adds to its stability and solidity.
Some other features include:
- 10 year warranty (home use) on frame
- 1 year upholstery warranty
- 550 pound max carrying capacity
- Compact profile of 50 x 21.5 x 18 inches
- Nice, cozy 16” from the floor enhances stability
We recommend the PowerBlock Sport Bench for the following reasons:
- Fast, easy adjustment - A few seconds and you’re ready to move on to your next exercise. Great for CrossFit in this regard.
- Ease of storage/portability - You’ll never worry you don’t have the space to store this puppy, unless of course you live in a shoe box. Goes anywhere with you too.
- Compact size - Not only will you never have to worry about storage you’ll never have to worry you don’t have enough space to set up the PowerBlock Sport Bench either.
- Quality construction - The bench feels like it's made from a single cast piece of steel because it practically is. No removable parts, nothing clanging around loose.
- Warranty - 10 years. Nuf said.
- Dip option - Turns an excellent workout bench into a miniature gym.
Some Final Thoughts About Powerblock Sport Bench
The PowerBlock Bench will set you back about the same as a good pair of weightlifting shoes, which makes this versatile, compact bench a must have for those who want to retain the ability to workout wherever they are. For a more in depth PowerBlock bench review check out this video.
The PowerBlock adjustable bench is one of those little things that make staying in shape less of a chore and more of a pleasure. Although they also make a travel version (we may do a PowerBlock travel bench review in the future) , some may want to just take the sport bench with them on vacation or business trips. It’s that easy to transport.
And one last thing: it’s also an excellent Christmas gift idea for the workout enthusiast on your list. All in all a must for any serious lifter.