J-Fit Pull Up Bar Review 2017
Updated on March, 30 2017
Last summer I saw my ideal physique. The funny thing was that, even though I’d been training in a gym for years, it wasn’t on a bodybuilder. No, it was on a gymnast. And when I enquired into the type of training that this guy did to create such an awesome body, I found that it all boiled down to one exercise - pull ups.
From that moment on I was determined to incorporate pull ups as the foundation of what I did to transform by body. But, being a home gym trainer, that was easier said than done. Having no handy rafters to hang from, I had to start searching for a reliable pull up bar that I could put up and down in a hurry and that would prove to be stable, solid and reliable. Thank goodness, I came across the J-Fit Doorway Pull Up Bar. This light weight, heavy duty piece of equipment has allowed me to train with confidence on pull ups, chin ups and a whole host of other movements that require hanging from a support. The J-Fit Bar may just be what you need to take your home gym to the next level.
What To Look For in a Telescopic Doorway Pull Up Bar
- Strength - The bar is going to be supporting your entire bodyweight, so you need to have confidence in its robust design and stability when sitting between the door frame. It should be constructed of heavy gauge metal. Ideally the bar that you grip will be one continuous piece rather than two pieces joined together.
- Doorway Requirements - A versatile bar will fit doorways with widths between 24 and 32 inches.
- Handle Grips - Often the hands give out before the back does on pull ups, so you’ll want a bar that has quality rubber grips at every hand grip position.
- Maximum Weight Capacity - Obviously you need a bar that can comfortably take your body weight. You should also think a little further down the track when you’ll be able to add extra resistance in the form of strapped on plates to your pull ups (yes, you will!) and accommodate for that weight allowance. A good telescopic doorway pull up bar will have a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds.
- Non Spin - You don’t want a bar that will spin in you hands, yet many telescopic bars do just that. A bar that has just one telescopic arm will be more likely to hold securely.
Presenting the J-Fit Pull Up Bar
The J-Fit Doorway Pull Up bar is a telescopic bar. It is a single bar with an arm on one end that can be twisted to make the unit longer. The bar wedges between the door opening to fit securely. It comes with easy to install safety end caps which the bar snugly fits into. The telescopic bar features a patented internal mechanism, that places the threads very close together. This makes the winding process a little slower than normal, but ensures that the bar will not unwind while in use. This patented telescopic mechanism alow makes taking the bar down a breeze - you only need to unwind one side to do so.
A great feature of the J-Fit Doorway Pull Up bar is that it can extend to fit doorways up to 40 inches in width. This makes it one of the longest bars on the market. The fact the bar telescopes from one end only means that the strength of the unit will not be compromised as the length increases.
The J-Fit Pull Up Bar comes with adjustable grips to allow you to customise the positioning of your hand supports. You can also purchase replacement grips, allowing you to have permanent grips in multiple locations on the bar. A sit up attachment is included with the bar to allow you to perform abdominal and core exercises.
A couple of points to note from online users is that the bar must be installed with the extendable arm to the right of the door (facing the door) or it will not work properly. Also, more than one user has mentioned that the removable hand grips are not the best quality and may wear out within a few months.
The J-Fit Pull Up Bar has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds.
J-Fit Pull Up Bar Pros and Cons
- Bar extends to 40 inches
- Patented telescopic threading for extra strength
- Bar extends from one end only for extra strength
- Removable hand grips
- Sit up attachment
- You must install exactly as directed on instructions (extendable part to the right)
- Rubber grips wear out quite easily
Features and Benefits
- Extra Width - the J-Fit bar can be telescopically extended to 40 inches. This makes it a very versatile unit in terms of doorway capability. It can be used on any doorway with a width between 26 and 40 inches. Many modern doorways are non standard width, severely limiting your options when using shorter bars. And, because the J-Fit bar doesn’t hang over the lip of the door, it can be used on doors without any frames.
- Patented Telescopic Mechanism - the closer than normal threading of the telescopic bar makes it much stronger than normal, giving you the peace of mind that it will be able to handle the weight that you place upon it.
- Single and Telescopic- the fact that only one end is telescopic is another means of fortifying the strength of the unit to enhance its rigidity and robustness.
- Detachable Hand Grips - the movable hand grips allow you to customise your grip placement to give you a greater gripping strength and preventing sweat slip.
- Sit Up Bar Attachment - this attachments allows you to set the bar up between the door gap at floor level.
The Maximiza bar is a heavy duty chrome steel bar with a generous amount of thick padding hand grips. When the unit is used in conjunction with the supplied screw in end caps, it has an impressive maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. The bar actually comes with three sets of screw in caps, allowing you to set up three bar mounts around your home. The bar can be telescopically adjusted to fit doorways between 26 and 36 inches.Some users have reported that the telescopic part of their bar spins when they are doing pull ups.
The chrome tubing Sunny Fitness Bar will fit between a door that is up to 34 inches wide. Rubber pads at the ends of the bar provide tension to keep the bar secure while training. The unit provides comfortable hand grips. The Sunny telescopic bar will allow you to do the standard pull up or chin up with a variety of hand spacings. It does not, however, allow for the range of hand placements that higher priced models feature.
The Sunny Bar is a piece of cake to install. It has a maximum load of 220 pounds and can also be utilised for sit ups and push ups. After your workout, the bar comes down with a simple twisting motion.
The 1 Up Doorway Pull Up Bar is a heavy duty pull up / chin up bar that provides you with a solid exercise support. The telescopic mechanism of this device works very well, providing the quickest, most functional way to get your workout in, no matter where you are. This bar can easily be thrown into your travel bag and used in your hotel or motel room.
This Pull Up Bar is adjustable between 25 and 36 inches to suit any type of doorway. It features comfortable sweat free grips to provide you with a secure hold on the bar. It has a maximum user weight of 300 lbs. Screw in brackets are provided for the most secure fit. The bar will not leave any marks on your door surrounds.
- 300-pound max user weight
- Up to 36-inch grip width
- Great travel bar
- Limited grip options
The J-Fit Doorway Pull Up Bar is a heavy duty telescopic bar that has some innovative features that set it apart. The extra doorway width capability is a major plus, as is the patented telescopic thread. The detachable hand grips are another bonus, even if their quality isn’t the greatest. The single end telescope adds extra strength and stops the bar from spinning, which is a common problem with other telescopic doorway pull up bars. The J-Fit is not the lowest priced telescopic bar out there, but it may just be the most original.